Do you ever get in a salad rut? You know, where you just keep making the same thing over and over and soon you hate life because you eat the same salad every day? Let us help you get out of that rut by introducing you to one of our all time favorite salads: our spinach, quinoa salad with sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke, and red onion. And the secret ingredient that really distinguishes this salad is the dressing, which is actually just pesto! Oh my goodness…this recipe will have you jumping out of our salad rut!
This salad has become one of our favorite go-to recipes. It not only is so good, but it’s hearty and filling and super simple to make. And what I love about it is that you can easily prep everything in advance and throw it all together the day of. And because it’s so low maintenance and wonderfully tasty, we’ve used it at most of our recent events, including the Dreamy Beachy Boho Baby Shower, our Magical Unicorn 1st Birthday and our Rescuebots 5th Birthday. Literally everyone loves it and we know you will too. Keep it vegetarian, or throw some shredded chicken in there for some extra protein! You can also make it vegan by leaving off the parmesan and making your own pesto (we love Melissa Joulwan’s Basil & Walnut recipe!).
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup chicken stock (or water)
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 2 cups spinach
- 4-6 tbsp pesto
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- shredded chicken breast (optional)
- Cook quinoa in chicken stock until done. Set aside and allow to cool. Once quinoa has cooled, combine all ingredients and toss. Garnish with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- This is a great make-ahead recipe! Prep all ingredients the day before, then combine shortly before serving.